Nov 01,2011
Nov 01,2011
we had found a new build property that we wanted to buy but were reluctant to put our house on the market in these current market conditions as all the properties in my area seemed to be on the market for not months but years, I decided to do some research and came across Express estate agents, I gave them a call and from that point they helped me get my house on the market, its important that you don't try to over value your house and you have to realistic at these times, we agreed a price, put the house on the market and within eight days we had on offer from the first people who viewed the house, the amount of advertising they do is staggering, it was advertised in so many places, nine weeks later we completed and moved into our new home, I found everyone to be very friendly and helpful and professional, I was kept informed at every stage and they chased solicitors if they needed to be, if I ever has a property to sell in the future I will not hesitate to use them again and have told all my family and friends about them, I can't thank them enough for selling my home and if you don't have faith in your local agents who don't seem to do much, these people are different which is very refreshing.
By: Grumpy
Feb 02, 2012
I've just bought a property using the company. I think that they should not "push" the service of Property Legal, because while I can accept the firm uses e-mail and phone to try to speed things along, there's no way they can reduce the time for searches etc to take place. Like Andrew Morris the whole process from accepting an offer to moving in took around 9 weeks (in my case part of the delay was because of Christmas/New Year, and buyer of my old home didn't complete until around 10th January, so from then it took about 15 days to me being able to complete). Just as Andrew Morris has said it's important to not over-value your home, I think Express should not over-hype the speed with which a sale can go through using Property Legal.

Despite that reservation (which might make vendors expect a really short time between accepting an offer and getting their money) I would consider using Express again in future, and would recommend them subject to the caveat concerning whether the solicitors they recommend are any faster than any others you might use.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office