...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Jun 19,2015
By: 'East end boy'
Jun 19,2015
They constantly hassle me for rent I have already paid.

I asked them for statement of account, which is never sent to me when I ask. However they constantly send text messages saying my account is seriously overdue.

Finally I received a statement of account from them yesterday. I totalled up all the payment and noticed they are showing nearly £3,000 of rental payment lower then that I had paid.

I asked them to double check their record as I have confirmation from the bank showing payments, in response I was told just pay what they are stating and the difference will be looked at later. I can only imagine it has been funnelled to their personal account and they using bullying tactics to get me to double pay.

I work as an accountant so it is in my nature to reconcile accounts. Had I not been good with numbers and record keeping this agency would have somehow taken extra payments.

I am sure there are plenty of people out there that are renting properties managed by Wentworth Estates (Ilford), please be vigilant and double check your rental payments and do keep copies of every payment you make.

Over 15 years working in accounts I have not come across any finance team that is so incompetent and do not want to correct their errors but force people to pay when they are very much aware the tenant is not behind.

If the rating could be below zero they would get that.

Wentworth Estates