Oct 19,2008
Oct 19,2008
I was told by local agents in the area that Mark Beaumonts lacked all integrity and more specifically that Mark himself was a "fat liar".Unfortunately the flat I found was being sold exclusively through Beaumonts who:
1) Constantly gave conflicting information about key aspects including the freehold/leasehold and number of other flats within the property.
2) Refused to take my first offer to the vendor as "he" felt it was too low.
3) Suggested a "sealed bid" offer despite the fact there were no other buyers interested in the time. This meant we had one opportunity to offer on the flat which he called our "best and final" offer.
4) At one point I requested specific answers to quetsions around freehold etc. Beaumonts were happy to give me this info over the phone but not via email.
5) Beaumonts also suggested that the vendor was becoming reluctant to sell to us because we "asked too many questions".

Eventually we dealt with another member of the agent which we were told would be better for us because "Mark obviously rubbed us up the wrong way".

For this reason I strongly recommend you never sell your property through this agent though I imagine they wont be around for long anyhow.
By: M Beaumont
Jul 16, 2010
Again, I struggle to believe the content of this post. Having NOT received a complaint.

The point that other agents have said that I am a fat liar, is laughable. You may want to say that I am fat, but you cannot call me a liar. I know most of the local agents and I will tell you that they would like a fraction of our reputation. You cannot expect your competitors to flatter you, but I doubt that anyone would be so rude to be going around calling a competitor a fat liar. In fact, if, you had dealings with an Estate Agent, who described one of their competitors as a 'Fat Liar', how would you feel about that person/Company making such a comment? Lacking integrity? Have you met me?

In reply the specific points.
1) We only know what we are told by the vendor and from what was available within HIP's. Number of flats in a block is usually a very obvious thing.
2) We do not refuse to take any offers. We may say that they will definitely be rejected, especially if they are cheeky and/or insulting. Our job is to get the best price for our vendor client. Every offer no matter how insulting is put forward in writing.
3) Sealed bids would NEVER be suggested if there was only one bidder. This has NEVER happened in my Company. It is NEVER a decision taken by us. To go to sealed bids, is always the decision of the vendor. If an offer goes to sealed bids, then this is right, you usually only have one opportunity to make a best and final offer.
4) This may be correct. Sometimes, unless we have proof positive about a lease etc, we would be reluctant to put this in writing. We do not always have a copy of a lease to make cast iron promises. Solicitors are instructed to double check detail. It goes back to NOT being LIARS.
5) I have, truthfully known on more than one occasion when a vendor has said to us that they are becoming reluctant to sell to a prospective purchaser, because they are asking too many questions. It is up to a vendor and a vendor only if they want to sell their property to a purchaser. Sometimes purchasers do upset vendors.

Mark Beaumont Estate agents have been in business since 2000, that is 10 years at the time of writing. I have been doing this job since 1987, 23 years at the time of writing. So, to hope that we will not be around for long, is very silly indeed. I think that it is mainly our competitors who may hope that we will not be around for long, perhaps the same competitors that sink to describing people as FAT LIARS.

Please remember that we act for our vendors. That does not mean that we offer poor service to our purchasers, half of the amazing comments received on our website are from purchasers. Those comments on our website are 100% genuine. Copies of these are on file. Those that have dealt with us will find have found that we offer the following characteristics.
By: porkie
Apr 12, 2010
Very much the same experience that I am going through with them right now. What an un professional group.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Mark Beaumont Office 1! To leave a new review of Mark Beaumont Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Mark Beaumont Office 1