Jun 15,2015
By: 'MR'
Jun 15,2015
I WOULD NOT USE THESE AGENTS - I BESEECH YOU.

Where do I start with these cowboys? I put an offer on a flat, it was accepted and the agents PUSHED me into doing a survey within 2 weeks of offer. To add, Waqas had told me that he KNEW the seller personally and that he was serious about selling his flat. It took ages for them to even take the advert down from RightMove, even though I had to request this several times. I obviously acted fast in the two weeks, instructed my solicitors, pushed my mortgage through and paid for a survey which cost me £500. The survey came back with damp issues, so I instructed and paid a damp specialist which cost me a further £100.

In the meantime, my solicitors had contacted the sellers solicitors over a period of 3 months and it appeared that the seller had no intention of really selling his property and hadn't even served notice on his current tenants. Not only that he hadn't even paid his own solicitor any monies on account to push his side of the deal through. I chased Waqas on numerous occasions (some without response) and he assured me that the seller was serious and that the seller's solicitor didn't have all the information relating to the property and was waiting for this. More delays. He told lies. The real reason was that the seller was never serious about selling the property which the agents knew from the beginning, didn't even instruct his solicitors properly and as a result I'm out of pocket. I've not accrued £100 in solicitors fees from the sheer chasing up and correspondence to the seller's solicitors and I'm still without a home.

I constantly got fobbed off by these agents and now I'm out of pocket. Don't use them they don't know what they are doing and they will push you into doing a survey even when they know the seller is not serious.

Wentworth Estates