Sep 19,2011
Sep 19,2011
One of the worst experiences with a Letting Agents ever. Awful attitude toward tenants (they need to realise we pay their wages)

No out of hours maintenance (you are expected to foot the bill of any OOH emergency and to be reimbursed at a later date, yeah right!).

Failed to act on serious gas safety concerns from a PREVIOUS years Gas Safety inspection (a recommendation to install carbon monoxide detectors due to a boiler flue being right next to a bedroom window causing a potential leak of carbon monoxide into the house) - their excuse was, and i quote, "it's not a legal requirement to act upon such a recommendation". How much is a carbon monoxide detector compared to my children's life's?

Their so called property maintenance team failed to fix a simple issue on two occasions over 2 months (I resorted to calling in a professional company myself) and also fixed a broken oven door compartment with glue (guess what happens to glue when it gets hot?)

It would appear no one runs the business when the owners go on holiday (when we had an issue we were told by an administrator that it would be dealt with on their return)

Despite having completed and had confirmed a satisfactory checkout inspection, they feel the need to hold onto my money for a further 10 days just because the deposit scheme says that they do not having to reissue the deposit for 10 days.

Landlords think carefully, choose a reputable company who look after their tenants (happy tenants = long tenancies)

Tenants - make your own mind up. I think this experience says it all.
Acted more promptly Provided an out of hours response to emergencies Used better quality contractors Act upon all safety concerns and recommendations
By: Buggalugs2u
Apr 12, 2012
I'm a tenant with them too and have written a separate review as I have absolutely no issues with them at all
By: Tazor
Apr 11, 2012
I am a tenant with harcourt estates and can honestly say I have no issues with them. They are helpful, friendly and extremely welcoming to talk to.
By: Happy
Mar 14, 2012
Let's start by saying that there's no point denying that there were certainly some issues at this property, so let's deal with them in turn;
We currently have a real person answering the 'phone (not an answerphone) from 8 am to 8pm Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5pm Saturdays and 10am to 4pm Sundays. Outside of these hours, we are notified by email of any emergency calls taken by our answering service. We deal with all genuine emergencies promptly and efficiently. This particular tenant did not call in with an emergency.

The previous years gas safety inspection passed the appliances as safe to use. As is often the case, the certificate noted that the flue was not to current standards (in other words, if the property was a new build, the flue would be fitted differently). The system was perfectly safe to use, otherwise the engineer would certainly not have issued a safety certificate. The recommendation for the fitting of a carbon monoxide alarm actually is a standard recommendation (current standards) and in this particular case, the recommendation was that it should be fitted in the lounge (nowhere near the flue) because of the location of two coal effect fires and the cooker.

During our week away we were alerted by our staff that they had 'a difficult situation' and as a family business, we pride ourselves on being 'hands on'. Despite being out of the country we maintained regular contact with the tenant, the office and the contractors involved (Averaging 8 emails per day). In this case, the tenant would not accept the findings of the specialist contractor and employed his own. Despite not being given authorisation , we arranged for the tenants contractors bill to be paid.

The tenants eventually were allowed to leave before the end of their tenancy (the landlords had asked us to serve a possession notice and this had been done) and after one or two issues, left the property in a satisfactory condition.
As members of A.R.L.A., TDS and the ombudsman scheme, we have to follow set procedures. The only delay in returning the deposit was to allow the landlords to authorise it's return - in line with the correct procedure. We certainly had no desire to hold on to the deposit for any longer than necessary, as we were keen to conclude this 'difficult' situation as quickly and amicably as was humanly possible. It was certainly NOT 10 days!

I guess you can't please everyone, but we certainly do a pretty good job most of the time.

I have only just seen this 'review' by nothappy, but will ask my current tenants to post genuine reviews with their opinions soon! Let's set the record straight.

Paul Yates - Harcourt Estates Ltd

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Harcourt Estates Ltd Kibworth! To leave a new review of Harcourt Estates Ltd Kibworth, please click the link below !
Write a review for Harcourt Estates Ltd Kibworth