Apr 22,2015
By: 'Phil Hart'
Apr 22,2015
I turned to Moss Properties as my first choice (a much smaller independent letting agent) was taking too long to get a tenant in, in what I saw as a landlords market. Within a week Moss had already had several people through the door and were able to get a tenant in the property in less than a month.

Moss's business model is to accept the first prospective tenants who want to go ahead with the tenancy, then go through thorough checks which they will either accept or reject. In one way this is good as it makes it very simple for the landlord but also doesn't give the landlord the opportunity to chose the tenant from several applications. Compared with my limited experience with other letting agents, I think that Moss are on the expensive side, but if the next 12 months turns out successful then I guess you get what you pay for.

So far the service has been very effective and all the people I have dealt with have been very pro-active and communicate well to keep the landlord in the loop.
I will be satisfied if the service continues to be excellent. Given the number of interested parties I feel Moss could have got more than ‚£575, maybe closer to ‚£600 however as long as my mortgage and other fees are covered then it's ok. I will review in the future.

Moss Properties