Oct 18,2011
Simon
By: 'Kath Burke'
Oct 18,2011
I worked with Simon the manager of Outlook Stratford. He was very helpful from the outset. He offered me a discounted rate on selling the property. He was honest with me that Outlook had taken a break from selling during the recession, and he checked out his first instincts of a realistic price by researching what other houses had recently got in the same small area. He gave me useful advice on the property - in this case advising that I didn't need to do anything to it - at least at first. He even got his secateurs out and removed a stray weed that had grown out of the bay window. He liaised with the tenants and advised me that I had been undercharging them for at least a year. He put the sale out to his email network of investment landlords. And he helped me by doing some things over and above the job - I needed a gas safety test done because the property was tenanted and he arranged that. He also supervised removal of the furniture before completion - useful because i moved overseas. And he kept the tenants informed, and sweet, throughout the process - even showing them other properties they could move into. Other staff members were helpful and efficient when I visited the offices. Mainly my praise is for Simon's down to earth and sane advice plus people friendly service. I think he's been in sales and lettings for getting on for 20 years so he knows his stuff. By the way I went to Outlook first because I had found them to be good as letting agents. To save money I had been managing the letting myself but I used to ring Outlook for recommendations of tradesmen - and they were always spot on. Unlike the cowboys recommended by some of the other so called agents in the area.

Outlook Property