Apr 21,2015
By: 'Dan D'
Apr 21,2015
Sold our house through Hatched. Initially a chap came round, took lots of excellent photos, measured up and asked questions. Then we were sent a link with a sort of preview of the listing for our house which we could update with things we thought might be useful like details of the local woods, parks and schools.

Anyway once that was online we would get a text message saying someone would like to come and see the house with 3 appointment slots and wed just reply A B or C. If we could make any of those we would call Hatched to discuss it in detail. It all sounds very impersonal but really wasn't like that and I rarely had to wait more than 30 seconds for an answer.

We would show potential buyers around the house starting downstairs working up and once at the top (townhouse) I'd let them work their way back down encouraging them to have a really good look at everything, chat amongst themselves and make sure they were really happy.

The house sold in 6 days and very nearly for the asking price. Post sales could have been more proactive but I prefer to chase people up myself as I just don't trust anyone to do something when they say they will.

If your happy to show someone around your house and sell it to them then its really the new way to do it. If you you want someone else to show them around then its going to cost you another £2000 for an average sized house.

Hatched