Apr 21,2015
By: 'alveda'
Apr 21,2015
House Simple is a poor choice of an online estate agent. The system whereby you are given the phone number of the person interested in your property is a thing of the past. You now have to use the online booking system that requires viewers to log on every time there is an alteration in an appointment. You can send a message but that requires you to log on to read the message. If you do not have internet connectivity then (which is quite regularly in Devon and other areas of the countryside) then using House Simple is not an option. This system has meant that out of 7 inquiries only 4 people turned up. 2 no shows and one person who obviously could not be bothered to go through the rigmarole of logging on continually to look for updates.

On top of this one of the 'no shows' actually rang House Simple (instead of using the fiddly online system) to say that they wouldn't be attending. House Simple did not provide us with this information and therefore my wife spent all day (with a 1 year old and a 3 year old) tidying the house for no one to turn up. The other 'no show' arranged an appointment using the online system and then never materialised.

To get any joy out of this system you have to be on the phone to House Simple continually using them as a go between. They have to ring the viewers every time there is a slight change of plan as the online system DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!

I have requested my money back but Tom Holmes flatly refused. He believes the system works. It doesn't. I sold a house using House Simple a year ago and they were allowed to pass on viewers phone numbers. Now they are not (at the request of Rightmove) and this online system DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

Don't be a mug like me and save yourself at least £350 and use a different estate agent. This judgement by Rightmove will probably be the death of online estate agents as having to use an online system like the one House Simple pedal DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

The agent should realise how unhappy I am with the system they provide an offer my money back. I will have to go another estate agent now to sell my house as the online system used by House Simple DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!
‚£350 ex VAT roughly. Complete rip off.
Attached Files
‚£350 ex VAT roughly. Complete rip off.
By: Housesimple
Apr 21, 2015
Housesimple.co.uk takes the security of its customer's personal data very seriously and that is why it is important that viewers and vendors/landlords alike log in to their own private site that is securely maintained. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused but it is vitally important that data is stored securely. In each and every instance that a message is sent by the other party through our system we send text message notifications and email alerts to our clients. In the event that anybody cannot access their account for whatever reason and wishes to confirm or rearrange a viewing the housesimple office is open 7 days a week and we are happy to assist over the phone. It is also possible for those who choose to do so to easily exchange personal contact details through our system, and to communicate directly to book in a viewing if they prefer.

Housesimple