Apr 21,2015
By: 'Carolyn'
Apr 21,2015
I wish I had read these reviews before! My boyfriend and I viewed a property in November last year. At the viewing we asked if the flat was for sale, as when we had rung up, we were asked if we were buying or renting. We were told no, the flat is not for sale.

We handed the application forms in a few days later and paid the fees, with a planned moving date in January. We provided all the information we needed to. After Christmas we were told we could move into the property on our chosen date. Two days before the moving day, I phoned to check what time we could pick the keys up. I was told, by an unsympathetic employee that the property had sold and we couldn't move in.

We gave Goodchild's the benefit of the doubt, and thought that maybe the landlord had sold the property without their knowledge. However after complaining to the Director of the Walsall office, we found out that actually Goodchilds arranged the sale as well. So without us knowing, the property had always been for sale, and there was an offer made, and they only told us about this when the actual transfer of funds had taken place.

Very very unhappy with their lack of customer service and their inability to tell people the truth. They are clearly just out for the money, with no interest in what impact this has on people's lives. The fact that they thought it was acceptable to take our money, and allow us the belief that we would be moving in, whilst all the time knowing the sale was going through is appalling. Just reading the other reviews on here makes me realise how lucky we were to not have any further contact with them. The only good thing was that we did get our money back.

When I complained to the head office, I got a badly written and spelled letter back basically passing the buck back to the Walsall office, and wishing me and my partner the best of luck in our new home. Considering thanks to Goodchilds we had no home, it was more than a little inappropriate.

Never touch this company with a barge pole!
The agency needed to have been honest with us from the start. They should have told us that the property was still for sale. They also should have informed us that there was an offer on the property. Had we known both of these things, then it might have been easier for us. In addition, I am still shocked at the immorality of an agency taking a letting fee from us and telling us that we can move in on a certain date, whilst knowing all along that there was an offer on the property. What would have happened if we had moved in and then were told a week later that the property was sold?
Attached Files