Apr 20,2015
By: 'Jane L-M'
Apr 20,2015
Hi
As a tenant newly moved in I was unaware (my fault) that YOUR MOVE estate agency would not allow me to choose my own energy supplier and by default I have to go with their choice which is Spark Energy. I have tried to stop the transfer and to make Flow Energy my first choice but I am told that although the gas transfer won't take place for another 3 days, the transfer is in process and I cannot change so I have to go with Spark. Spark tell me that it will take around 3 weeks for the transfer from the date of the change. I am annoyed with Your Move who did not highlight to me (I did not read the small print) that they had choice of my energy provider. I have asked them why they have chosen Spark and whether YOUR MOVE make a profit from my having to use Spark Energy but I have not had any reply from them. I do not know the tariffs for Spark but have YOUR MOVE have given me no choice but to go with them. So be wary, all prospective tenants of YOUR MOVE estate agency, and read the small print. Even if you read the small print, you may not have a choice. ! Landlord - if you are aware that YOUR MOVE force tenants to use Spark, please speak up against this!
The agent should not charge for 'Permitted Occupier' fee in addition to the holding fee. The agent should not nominate or pass my details on to any energy supplier but should leave that to me to decide which supplier to use. They should take that out of the agreement form.
Attached Files
I was charged a holding fee of ‚£300 which was not refundable. They also charged me ‚£90 for permission for my son to move in as a "Permitted Occupier". I feel this is an unfair fee and should be refunded to me.

Your Move