Apr 19,2015
By: 'No_Choices'
Apr 19,2015
I had terrible experience with Choices in Croydon. I experienced it when I initially offered to move in after viewing a flat in Croydon. But I had to cancel the move next day morning due to family issues. I had given them immediate notice so that they won't have any loss or incur an expenses and they can offer the apartment back to market or other potential customers.

I liked the flat, so on Friday during the office closing hours I paid Holding Deposit of ‚£500. Later in the early morning I had to change my plan due to serious family issue.

So I emailed Choices - Croydon office sales team to cancel my offer acceptance. I requested them to return the Deposit (deducting any expenses if any). I understand they are not obliged to refund but I think as a Fair Trade if any expenses had occurred then they must have emailed me the proof or receipt or explained me accordingly. But since they had a good hand on the free money they earned without any much efforts they had decided rather stop further communication with me. I learnt my lessons anyways. All Choices Estate Agent need is tenants money, they don't care about any emotions or feelings a tenant go through when selecting a property. They are very rude in dealing as I was told by my friend when he had to go though Tenancy agreement with them. Thank God I did not signed any agreement with them else I would have lost not only money but also the faith in other agencies. Not all agency are as bad as Choices.

I was told on phone that I will not get any money back. I did not even get any reply from the sales team via email about the expenses incurred. I have sent them repeated emails to Croydon - Sales team with no reply from the Sales or accounts team. The customer service has been very very poor.

I won't recommend Choices for any housing agency services. They are much better agents on the High Street. So no to Choices and their pathetic services.
Must have refunded my money back after deducting expenses (if any)
Attached Files
Other normal agency charge around ‚£250-‚£250 but Choices will charge more than ‚£500 just to ripe you off.

Choices