Apr 16,2015
By: 'Ruth Pearson Diamond'
Apr 16,2015
I have rented my property out for over 5 years through Approved Property in Havant and was always happy with the services however !
They were taken over by Lettings Direct in December last year and that was when my problems started.
Firstly the rent is always paid into my account often 2-3 days after they have received the rent from my tenants which I complain about and it still goes on.
I pay for full management fees and an inspection of my flat should be every 3 months.
It is 6 months since my tenants moved in and no inspection has taken place.
I spoke to my tenant who has said they have not had any request to inspect the property, yet Lettings Direct said they contacted tenants in December and had no response from them.
They should of chased this up until contact had been made and completed an inspection.
I requested a section 21 be issued to my tenants in January and that they go onto a monthly rolling contract as I was selling my property.
I spoke to one of the ladies who use to work at Approved as she was now working for Lettings Direct.
Approved Property had previously issued a section 21 for me when I tried to sell my property before so the lady knew what to do, this was done over the telephone.
I sent a chase up email to check my tenants had been given notice after a couple of weeks.
Unknown to me only a notice of my intention to sell was issued, Lettings Direct had ignored my request for a section 21 and had not informed me.
I discovered this when I had a buyer for my flat recently.
I spoke to Michelle who was the lady I instructed to issue the section 21 to see why it had not been served and she said she had a copy of the e-mail in front of her that she sent across to Lettings Direct in Southampton but could not send it to me as it was internal.
This e-mail has now disappeared and Michelle has now left the business !!
I have had to get them to now issue a section 21 meaning my tenant will not move out until July causing the sale of my property to nearly fall through and ‚£600 in extra fee's thanks to them.
Also it was picked up by the agent selling my property that the windows have got mould on them and the flat was in need of a good clean.
Had they done there inspection that I have been paying them for this would of been sorted.
Despite my complaints they are glossing over my issues and even to the point I was asked why I had spoken to my tenants !!!
This company is absolutely shocking and I warn Landlords to steer clear as It is now going to cost me to take legal action to get any form of compensation.

Lettings Direct