Apr 16,2015
By: 'Giorgos'
Apr 16,2015
We found an excellent house through NextMove, by far much better than anything else we saw in the market for that price range. The agent, Peter, was friendly and approachable, chartered a clear path for the agreement, and was in constant contact with us to coordinate what needed to be done in order to sign the contract. We entered the house by the date we asked, which for us was essential as we just arrived in London and had to rent accommodation by the day. All in all, I am very satisfied by NextMove, and especially the agent, Peter.
Agent's fees were ok. My only complaint is with the reference check by MARAS. Although my current employer guaranteed to cover my housing costs for the year, it seems that it would be hard to get a clearance given that my salary was less than the necessary threshold of three times the monthly rent. The fact that I am a foreigner and just arrived in London also did not help. As a result I had to pay 6 months in advance to clear this out, which I think could easily and justifiably be avoided given that my employer guaranteed to pay for my housing. Unnecessary and inflexible bureaucracy, unresponsive to the specifies of a case.

Next Move