Apr 16,2015
By: 'GrahamS'
Apr 16,2015
We too have been ripped off by Richard Sweet. Our clients have just given notice and we have been told today that Sweet never paid the deposit into the DPS. We had trouble for about a year or so getting the rent from them. Our tenants were paying but had to continually chase to get payment. Eventually got rent paid direct from tenant. All makes sense now reading other comments. It appears cases have all been handed over to Greenleaf Property Services in Strood. Happy to get in touch A.C. Go through Greenleaf to get details. Anyone else know how we can recover the deposit money? Anyone know how / where to get in touch with Richard Sweet?
The agent has stolen money from us. Paying on time and putting tenants deposits into the DPS would help
Attached Files
Very expensive for what they did
By: Spencer Fortag
Apr 28, 2015
I was very sorry to hear of peoples problems and losses with this company. Not only am I a local agent owner, I am also the regional representative for ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) and its companies like this that affect the reputation of legitimately run Letting Agencies. ARLA regulated agents HAVE to carry Clients Money Protection insurance, which protects against this very situation. I know that is little help now, but certainly something to consider when instructing your next agent.

I am happy to be contacted to provide any help or advice I can, although it seems for now that there is very little people can do to get their money back as the company had limited assets. I would suggest that people should contact the police as there may be a criminal case for the directors to answer and at the very least directors can be disqualified from being able to be directors ever again.

I can be contacted directly at spencer@docksidekent.com
By: Angryparent
Apr 26, 2015
Hi all,
I paid deposit for my daughter. Have been trying to get it back for months now. Same problems as everyone else, been put off/lied to and generally they have messed us and the landlords about. I have put in a small claims court action for the return of the deposit as I have it is writing from them and that they owed it us well before the business went belly up. Action was served on 13th April and they have to reply to court by 27th (won't hold my breath!) and see what happens then. Sweets 'Administrator' sent form to my daughter to find out how much they owed Sweet!! Anyone else had this? What is the deal with Greenleaf properties? One very angry and out of pocket
parent.
By: Unhappy Bunny
Apr 17, 2015
I have been told that Richard Sweet's house is in Lordswood Lane, Chatham. Can't be definite though.
By: Brassed off
Apr 16, 2015
Hi,
We did manage to get the deposit paid over to a DPS we set up ourselves but it was paid by
BACS which then had to clear. They have a new address in the high street with a different postcode,
try and find them. I thought it was a legal matter if they have not paid this deposit into a DPS scheme. Might be worth having a word with the Police. Property Ombusman were helpful but at the end of the day do not had a lot of teeth or clout. Hope this helps.

Sweet Property Services