Apr 16,2015
Ruth
Colin
By: 'Mrs Finlay'
Apr 16,2015
I telephoned this agent and spoke with the owner of the company Colin initially; I was quite impressed by his initial discussion as to how an online estate agency differs from the traditional high street one.
I rang back some weeks later, in order to make a decision as to whether to instruct them with our property, and spoke with Ruth. I had several more detailed questions pertinent to our specific property. She answered the queries in a monosyllabic manner with very little elaboration as to what I was asking. I got the distinct impression, she just wanted me off the telephone; it was Friday afternoon and the staff in the background were talking and laughing, so possibly I was an inconvenience. I certainly got the impression I was being a pain asking these questions.
I asked when Colin, who does the visit/photographs, could come out to our property which is not local to Glasgow. Ruth went off the line to enquire of him; he couldn't give me an answer as to when he would 'next be in our area'. I had originally asked how long from instruction, it would take to going 'live' with our property and was given an answer of 5-7 days; this obviously would be extended if we had to wait until he made a special visit to our neck of the woods.
However unsatisfactory this was; Ruth left it that he would telephone me back that afternoon - it was around 3.00pm on a Friday and they don't work weekends which is most unusual.
I waited in for the next 2 hours as I didn't want to miss his call; I wanted to agree a time and date for him to get the ball rolling; we didn't receive a call.
Not knowing at that point that they don't work weekends; we expected a call on Saturday morning; they were closed so obviously no call forthcoming. I expected to hear from him first thing Monday morning but no; still no telephone call from the owner of the company.....
There is no way they can say that he didn't get the message to ring me; he was sitting in the office when I was talking with Ruth. I have no idea why he hasn't bothered to return my call with a view to arranging an appointment; is it too far for him to trail to where we live? His company is advertised as Scotland wide so this should not be an issue. Did I put them off by mentioning the difficulties we might have selling our particular property?
We'll never know but obviously they won't be getting our business but let's face it; it doesn't seem like they want it does it|?
It looks like they might want to cherry pick properties.
By: Colin B
Apr 16, 2015
We welcome all feedback positive and negative, in fact this is ever first ever negative comment. I hold my hands up and say I did get your messages from my colleague Ruth but due to business commitments just never got the time to call you back. We do cover the whole of Scotland, in areas over a mile drive from Glasgow, Edinburgh & Inverness we normally try and book one or two jobs in to cover the extra expense.

I wish you all the best with your chosen agent.

Colin Bain - Managing Director