Apr 15,2015
By: 'Jemma'
Apr 15,2015
Initialy they were fine, we got the flat smoothly and moved in with no problems. Then the issues started. At first they simply ignored the issues we identified on moving in, such as advertised white goods not working properly, a sink leaking, the shed being full of rubbish from previous tennants etc. After chasing up for ages we got the sink fixed but nothing else. Then after our 6 months contract started reaching the end we got a new one, we went into the branch to sign and have it witnessed and handed it in there. It promptly got lost and whilst preston branch clearly new our moving out date, countrywide were unclear about what was happening. This led to us being charged an extra months rent (after we moved out), this issue still hasnt been resolved.

Then comes the deposit. Its been 4 months since we moved out now and there has been no return of the deposit nor any indication of what its going to be. I have rung there dposit line multiple times and they have promised each and every time to get back to me, yet never managed it. On top of that there has been no appologies or acceptance that this really isnt on. Its lucky that me and my husband had help from work to move or we would be really struggling without that money.

I would definitley warn anyone away from Countrywide or Bridgefords. Whilst the branch staff itself are friendly enough, othey have no interest in anything looked after by there parent company and actively avoid talking about it (probably because they know the service is appaling).
The actual condition of the appliences meant this property should really have been on the market for a lower rent.
Attached Files