Aug 19,2011
Aug 19,2011
The staff I corresponded with at Lauristons are best described as venal, inconsistent, arrogant and incompentent.

Throughout my whole ordeal, promises were repeatedly broken. I secured a property to Let and after placing a deposit was given a 'verbal confirmation' by the landlord, via Lauristons, that it was fully secured. However, the follow-up documents never arrived despite what had been promised. Several calls later, I was told that the landlord was now 'number crunching' to see if the deal was feasible. This is despite the fact that we agreed upon a higher price to what was initially advertised.

Following their form, Lauristons did not keep me up to date with these developments. After further calls I was finally told that the landlord wished to retain his current tenants. This was despite the prior agreement and that the Agents at Lauristons advised me to return to Manchester - where I currently reside - as there was no need to remain in London.

Thus I am now faced in the position of having to pay for another train ticket to London in order to secure a property to rent.

Avoid at all costs.