“After two weeks of negotiating a purchase price we were ......”

Share on :
Apr 15,2015
By: 'James'
Apr 15,2015
6 people found
this helpful
After two weeks of negotiating a purchase price we were not informed our offer had been unsuccessful and that the vendors had accepted a higher offer from another prospective buyer. Two days later, we received a call claiming the vendors decided to go with our offer as we had a stronger, favourable chain.

The memorandum of sale was eventually sent out two days later.

After two to three weeks had passed, our mortgage application was progressing, solicitors were communicating and searchers were to be imminently carried out. However, on the 31st March 2015, I received a right move notification of new properties in our area. It was at this point I noticed, the property our sellers were moving to was back on the market. I was aware of what property this was, as I had the manager confirm this to me via the phone previously.

With the non-refundable searches and survey expected to be carried out at any point, I immediately called the West Worthing branch to seek clarity on the situation and why our sellers purchase was now not going ahead. I was told the two managers dealing with our purchase had gone home and no one could advise on what was happening. I managed to contact one of the managers via her mobile from a previously saved text message received from her. She confirmed she was not able to confirm the situation and that the vendor had sent her an email but she or no one else in the office would be able to access the email until the next day.

I then decided to call the agent of the property that had just come back on the market. I was told the vendors had decided to not go ahead with the purchase of that property due to personal circumstances. From this I gathered our purchase was in jeopardy, so I decided to hold off the survey and any further expense by our solicitors.

I found it very disappointing for the following reasons;

I was not passed on this information from Fox & Sons direct and had to find out from another agent further up the chain
I was not advised whether to hold any further expense as staff members cannot access each other's emails
I was not kept in the loop from the moment we submitted our offer
I was not called back when messages were left with the manager
I was not given the chance to counter offer on the purchase

In future I will not be using Fox & Sons to purchase or sell a property.
Was this helpful? Yes

Agent Response / Add a Comment

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review.

Note: Your comment will not be activated until you click on the link in an email sent to your address as submitted in the form above. By clicking on Submit Comment you agree to receive an activation email from allAgents.

Fox & Sons

21c Goring Road Goring-By-The-Sea
East Sussex
BN21 4AP


Opening hours

As Seen On

Find the Best Agent to
Sell or Rent Your Home