Apr 14,2015
By: 'Max'
Apr 14,2015
In this review I mainly want to report about how Edmund Cude is handling maintenance issues or even not handling them.
During my tenancy, which I ended after 10 month using my break clause, I had several maintenance issues. It usually took several notifications from my side to even draw attention and even then I only was told the issues will be reported to maintenance and I rarely received feedback from them.
All in all one can get good service until signing the tenancy agreement but then has to be prepared for a lot of extra work in case of upcoming maintenance issues. From my reported issues only one was dealt with in the end.
When it was about minor issues I tended to stop reminding them after a while and try to fix it myself. In these cases I simply didn't receive any other feedback but that the issue was reported to maintenance.

But during my tenancy I also had two major maintenance issues:
The first was with the mattress which during the sales pitch was sold as new or almost new. Maybe it was my fault not inspecting in very detail but lifting it for the first time revealed that almost new must have been the state a lot of years ago. It took me several notifications and various emails as well as a lot of investigation from my side to get the mattress replaced. This not only went from reporting the problem but also finding a new mattress, getting an offer and basically doing everything mentioned in a typical maintenance-clerk-job-description...

While this first issue was solved after a long while putting in a lot of effort, the second major issue never got resolved (and I only hope for the new tenants that they recognize it before signing the tenancy agreement): When it came to fall and winter I realized that the heating system didn't work properly, the pressure in the therm unit was very low and the system went into emergency-shut-down-mode several times a day without further notification. The normal end user only recognized that by the apartment getting very, very cold. In combination with really poor windows I had trouble keeping the temperature on a 20 degree level during November/December/January/February. Especially during night that was not possible as I couldn't monitor the therm on regular basis then.
This issue I reported several times and also mentioned as the main reason for me using the break clause. When I asked for a refund for the heating not properly working for more than three months I was told to provide evidence that I even report the issue! Wondering that they don't keep any records of reports sent to them I forwarded my first notification email to the maintenance team... Then I was told if the issue would have been that big of a problem one email as proof is not enough. Wondering again that obviously nobody there takes note of anything work-related I provided a hard copy of the letter I sent mentioning the problem. Unfortunately I didn't record the phone calls but too late I learned that it takes at least five notifications to maintenance relating to the same issue before they even consider replying. Anyway after providing the additional proof requested by the maintenance team the representative stopped communication completely.

Bottom line they if they reply to the tenants requests then mostly by finding reasons to not to take any action and if they run out of arguments they simply shut down communication. Furthermore they are either completely unorganized or use that as a tactic to get rid of maintenance issues.
Proper feedback and adequate response time are basic for good maintenance, especially when it is about the heating system during the winter period. Here and in other maintenance issues the agency failed.
Attached Files
Whatever they charge for maintenance is far too much for the service they provide to tenants.
By: Emma
Apr 16, 2015
Hello Max,

I'm really sorry to hear you were disappointed with Edmund Cude's service. We usually pride ourselves on being communicative and resolving maintenance issues quickly, but it seems this has not been the case with your property on Northcote Road. I will do my best to find out why your issues were not dealt with sufficiently.

I've forwarded your feedback on to the property management team to see if there's anything they can do.

Once again we're so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind Regards,