Oct 14,2011
Oct 14,2011
I brought a property from this estate agent and found one of the chaps there to be nothing but aggresive and rude towards us. They claimed we were harranging their customer as our solicitor found them to need an indemnity policy for some work they had done on the house. They were bvery negative towards our solicitor, claiming them to be incompentant and useless. Not at all pleasant to purchase off and I will not use them when the time comes to sell again. Very disappointed.
By recogniing that we as a buyer were an important part of this process. Being pleasant and courteous would have helped.
Nov 09, 2011
Thank you for your comments, which are very disappointing, not only for the negative aura they are designed to create, but because having overheard the conversation you refer to, I know them to be untrue. No-one here would dream of making such comments about anyone. Your solicitor, I remember, was in fact a firm who employed your own mother, so any such comments would be doubly inappropriate.

My colleague commented that our clients' solicitor disagreed with your own solicitor that the indemnity was necessary, but we do not get involved in their legal discussions. Furthermore, it is true to say that it is our job to protect our clients interests, including the sale price, which sometimes involves querying such requests.

I distinctly remember you taking a very strong "take it or leave it" approach to all the negotiations, which is your prerogative. Therefore, it was quite challenging to agree an initial "price agreed", which was then further reduced after your survey and again further contributions were sought from our clients at the last minute for the indemnity you mention.

On two occasions towards exchange of contracts, my clients advised me that they no longer wished to sell to you, mostly because it was their feeling that you were effectively driving the sale price too low with your requests for more reductions which were becoming unreasonable.

In the end, it was our involvement by reducing our firms fees to facilitate your purchase of the house which successfully steered the sale to the finish, with our clients co-operation. The only other option at that time would have been to come back to you on a "take it or leave it" basis, which we decided not to do. No doubt if I had done so, I would have been criticized for being unhelpful or "aggressive" and you may still be looking for a house!

Despite the above, I would like to wish you and your family every happiness in your new home.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Rawlinson & Webber Office 2! To leave a new review of Rawlinson & Webber Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Rawlinson & Webber Office 2