Apr 13,2015
By: 'Gracie'
Apr 13,2015
This is my first time as a landlord and it was my own fault for not doing any research when it came to finding a letting agent, I simply went to the first one I noticed on my high street which was Dexters and right now I am just waiting for the 2 year contract to be up so I can get rid of them.

The service is just terrible, to the point where my tenant had to ask to contact me and once she got in touch she said the management of the property was very bad.

Dexters have multiple people who change regularly, it is difficult to understand who to contact for what with so many change. They take weeks to fix a problem and my tenant complained that they ignored her and she had to contact them numerous times about the same thing.

I have paid for full management of my property and when I asked for someone to retrieve my mail from the property I was told that they were too busy for that. They also use overpriced contractors. I was charged 600 pounds to fix and replace 2 taps and 145, later (80) after a big fuss, for a plumber to look at the bathroom (not do anything) just look. I was outraged.

Dexter's have made it very clear that any long term damages caused by poor management/negligence is not their problem and are quick to blame me

The only thing I get when I complain is a sorry email and no improvements. I really dislike this letting agent, they are not good at all so be careful.
The fees are too high for the service provided
Attached Files
The fees are too high for the service provided
By: SG
Feb 27, 2016
I agree with you. As a tenant I was informed by Dexters it's at their discretion as to what they inform the landlord.

As a result I lived in a porperty with a near broken boiler for 2 years. When the landlord moved back in - they complained the heating wouldn't work. I said this is correct and Dexters have all my outstanding complaints on this.

It's much easier to talk to the landlord but easier to avoid dexters all together
By: Marilyn
Apr 24, 2015
Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided by our Dexters branch. I am the Customer Services Manager and I wondered if I could be of any further assistance.

If you could e-mail further details to me at customerservices@thamesview.co.uk, I can investigate the situation and try and resolve any outstanding issues for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marilyn