...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Apr 13,2015
By: 'SiobhanH'
Apr 13,2015
AVOID - AVOID - AVOID!

*****NB: For those of interest, we saw Richard Sweet in Argos at Hempstead Valley last Saturday (4 April 2015); my only wish is that we had the time to confront the weasel!*****

We have been trying to get in contact with Sweet since 18 March 2015 and have had no luck; our emails have been ignored and the telephone was either not answered, directed straight to voicemail and now (as at 10 April 2015) has been cut off completely.

Reading these reviews, it looks like we're in the same position as most in that we have had no paperwork regarding the DPS our deposit should - by law - be kept with and hence now face losing money we both worked hard for. Sweet have continuously fobbed us off with excuse after excuse. They are the most unreliable and unprofessional business I have ever had the displeasure to come across. We don't even have the contact details of our landlord to let him know our situation. The whole matter is both frustrating and upsetting.

They will not get away with this!
By: Not amused
Apr 13, 2015
Know the feeling, feel for you. I see they have a change of address, still on the high street I think,
but not the postcode for their old Shop. Check it out and then go and sit in there like we did
until they paid up and thankfully the cheque cleared.
By: OLumley
Apr 13, 2015
I complained to the Ombudsman and the Ombudsman did not get any response from them for a few weeks. However, the Ombudsman contacted me last week to inform me that the Sweet Properties went into administration and that the Ombudsman cannot deal with our complaint anymore . I suppose all of us who are owed money by them need to contact the administrators.
By: SiobhanH
Apr 13, 2015
---UPDATE---

We received a letter from mysweetproperty.com ("signed" by Richard Sweet) on 11 April 2015 stating that the management of our property (we are the tenants) is in the process of being moved over. They gave no further information, but it doesn't sound like they will be reinventing themselves any further.

13/04/2015