Apr 10,2015
By: 'Nuts'
Apr 10,2015
Thought I'd leave a review on here so people know what to expect from Acorn,

I've been with Acorn for two years now, the only reason being one of the excellent landladies they represent. I've been through most of the review sites (Google/Facebook/AllAgents) to get an idea of what people are saying. I have to say, the generally poor reviews for Acorn across the web genuinely do reflect the quality of service you get. I'm not normally one to review anything, be it restaurants or anything else, but I feel people need to understand what they are letting themselves in for when they sign with Acorn.

I was quite keen to find a decent house to live in a few years ago, so I decided to go round each letting agent and ask about fees. The fee when you sign up for a house is essentially how these companies make money from tenants. If I'm honest, the fees were comparable to other agencies in Newcastle. But that's about the only positive thing I can muster up to say about this company.

If you hand Acorn your email address for a property search, they very helpfully enquire about your requirements (location, price range etc). Unfortunately they may as well asked me to send through a copy of my old swimming certificates. They then completely ignore this information and bombard you with completely irrelevant properties which bear no relevance to what you are looking for.

When eventually managed to find a house which met our requirements, we were invited back to the office to sign the contract. Like a few other reviews I've read, we were also met with an unprofessional attitude. The aim seemed to be to get the fee from us and get us out of the office.
The most unsavoury part of the company in my mind is the patronising attitude of the staff. In my two years as a tenant, I have never been in one phonecall with them in which I haven't been made to feel like I was some inconvenience to them.

I have seen that occasionally Acorn get in contact with the author of these reviews to try and resolve issues. Whilst I do believe this is good company practice, I think that the aforementioned issues are the result of a poor company attitude. Regardless of how important students are to this company, I believe there is no excuse for the consistently poor service offered by Acorn.
Reflective of Newcastle properties
Attached Files
Reflective of Newcastle properties
By: Louise Greetham
Nov 10, 2016
Dear Reviewer, apologies for not replying to your review until now, however we were not alerted to it until today. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a good one and I would still after this time like to understand who and what happened to you. Did we manage the property you lived in? Where we receive a negative or positive review, we will always try to reply. As it is with many companies, reviews are not always reflective of the situation and many written do not portray the facts, however we appreciate this is your perception and your reality. We do take our reviews seriously and would welcome further feedback to see how we can improve procedures. If you are able to contact me on either 0191 212 2020 or louise@acornproperties.co.uk that would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Louise

Acorn Properties Norfolk