Apr 09,2015
By: 'Harriette Davies'
Apr 09,2015
The initial process was fine - they did all the paperwork and found tenants fairly quickly. After that it was downhill all the way. They were extremely eager to get me to sign up and then totally lost interest. I live overseas so I really rely on managers to do a good job, as it's not easy to manage a property yourself from 4,000 miles away. I also want to add that I worked in lettings management for a few years so I know what's involved with the process, and the way LT have treated me and my property (and my tenants) has been shocking.

Initially, after contracts were signed, inspections weren't carried out when they were supposed to be. As the tenancy progressed, things continued to be poorly handled. Every time I emailed someone at LT to find out about issues, I would get a reply from another manager who would tell me the person I'd emailed was no longer working there and they'd taken over. I realize this is a high turnover industry but it was every single time, I don't think any managers lasted more than a couple of months. Eventually one of them stuck around and was quite good, but then he moved and it just went back to the roundabout of random managers. What made this worse was that none of them seemed to have a clue what their predecessor had done.

There would be an issue with the tenancy (usually something minor like a gutter needing repair or similar) and I'd have a conversation with manager A about getting quotes and so on. Then I'd hear nothing for a few weeks, so I'd email manager A and ask for an update. Then manager B would reply saying manager A was no longer around and they were now dealing with the property - but they'd have literally no idea what was going on with the issue in question, apparently manager A never bothered to tell manager B what they had done and so the entire process of dealing with what could have been a minor, swiftly sorted issue would have to start again.

I also had communications from the tenants telling me that they had had problems with the endlessly rotating managers - they were accused by the management agents of being liars. This did not go down well with either the tenants (for obvious reasons) or me (because I had had more contact with the tenants than the agents, who were worse than useless). What made this even worse was that they don't even manage the property from Wimbledon! I used that office because it was close to the property and I wanted people who knew the area - but they do the management from the midlands! It's ridiculous.

After a lengthy period of this going back and forth, I eventually spoke to someone in the customer care department, and they offered me a ‚£100 refund. Which seemed a little paltry given how badly things had been handled.

Since then, I keep getting emails asking me to sign up for a new contract after the lease expires. These come from external departments, who apparently have no idea what the situation is. In other words, LT are entirely unable to communicate - either with landlords or tenants or each other. Needless to say, I won't be continuing with them
At this stage, nothing they can do will change my mind. But it would be useful if the agents could (a) communicate with each other, (b) communicate with me, and (c) communicate with tenants.
Attached Files
I wasn't happy with the fees because I wasn't getting the service I paid for. The fees seem in line with local fees, but for paying that, you would expect a decent service.
By: Tho1
Apr 14, 2015
Agree with 'Harriette Davies'. They did exactly the same to us. We will never use this agency again. We will also tell this to our friends to avoid this agency.!

Thanks