Apr 06,2015
By: 'Milind'
Apr 06,2015
We tried to buy a flat through this company and agreed a price with them and the vendor. The property was surveyed, the mortgage offered and the legal work almost completed when Agents called me to say the vendor wanted to increase the purchase price and may be looking for another offers too?

In the end, I agreed to increase the price by about ‚£7500 and my lender re-issued the offer and we agreed a date for exchange.

On the day of the proposed exchange, Agents called me again to say the price had gone back up by another ‚£5000. He knew the lender would take a week to reissue a new offer and suggested I pay the difference in cash, which we both knew could be seen as defrauding my lender and avoiding stamp duty.

In need, I agreed to pay for another increase of ‚£5000 subjected to offer is reissued by my lender, solicitors and is acceptable to Agent and Vendor . Not received a proper response to this I was asked to pay another price increase of ‚£5000 and complete the exchange next day.

It was unprofessional, illegal and unethical way too. I decided not accede to any such demands by the Agent and Vendor.

This is not a professional estate agency operation and buying them was the cause of significant pain and distress.
They should be honest/professional in the services offer to the customers.
Attached Files
By: Alex Hussain
May 22, 2018
This was driven by the Seller of the apartment and which we advised against.
We are currently suing the Seller for other illegal activities relating property.

1st Choice Properties