Apr 06,2015
Megan
By: 'Christopher'
Apr 06,2015
I am a first time landlord. I originally chose Davis Tate because they offered me a very competitive deal on the management of my property in the first year, however I've since been very glad of that choice for the help they have given me in renting a property for the first time.

They took they stress out of the process by advising me on all matters. They had good experience of my area and even my street having let neighbouring properties very recently so were able to recommend a realistic rent. They helped getting the property in the right shape to let: explaining the compulsory things like Gas Safety Certificate and the optional ones like PAC test. They recommeded a cleaning company and have arranged the inventory. Most of all they guided me through the substantial amount of paperwork - made a lot easier by the their use of Adobe EchoSign so I can submit signed documents electronically.

I also used their in-house mortgage broker to switch my existing mortgage to a buy-to-let. The comparison software they use makes it easy to understand which mortgage is cheaper over the lifetime of the mortgage taking into account the fees and rate to produce an overall cost. The advice is free but I also paid the fee to get them to setup the mortgage for me. This one-off fee allows me to use their services to arrange all future mortgages for free and I expect the re-mortgage several times. It also entitles me to a discount from Davis Tate's if I eventually sell through them. Mortgage applications are quite daunting and with the extra checks on top for buy-to-let I have been glad to have professional advice to speed things up and manage it for me with weekly updates.

I've dealt with several staff in person and over the phone and they are all very friendly (without being excessively so as some estate agents can be).

Davis Tate