Oct 12,2011
Oct 12,2011
Don't rent from this totally unprofessional outfit, ever. I moved into a Choices-managed property 11 weeks ago and wish I knew then what I know now.

On the day we collected the keys we signed the contract at Choices offices before going to the property, which I now realize was a huge mistake. When we arrived at the property the drive was covered in rubbish and the property had been left in a terrible state by the previous tenants (including a busted lock on the bathroom door, tiles missing from the bathroom walls, holes in the walls and smashed covers on external utility meters). Choices stated that they weren't aware of this, but given that all rented properties are checked at the end of a tenancy to highlight any issues that may affect the return of a tenant's deposit, I'm not sure I believe this. We were also mislead about the existence of pre-pay utility meters installed by the previous tenant, to the extend that Choices took our bank details and had us sign a form to set-up direct debits with the utility companies. Choices claimed that they were unaware of the existence of the meters, but given that lettings agencies generally provide meter readings to utility companies at the and of a tenancy, again I don't see how this could be true.

Choices did arrange for the property to be cleaned and the rubbish to be removed, but 11 weeks on we are STILL waiting for the vast majority of the issues to be dealt with. Our e-mails are ignored, phone calls aren't returned and we have been fobbed-off in every way imaginable, and having read some of the reviews on here I'm now very worried about getting our deposit back at the end of our tenancy. Our requests for the landlord's contact details have also so far been ignored. I have rented properties for the best part of 14 years and I have never, ever come across such incompetence. There are many reputable letting agencies out there and I urge you to use one of them and steer well clear of Choices.
Been truthful about the existence of the pre-pay utility meters, dealt with our complains in a professional and timely manner, not ignored our e-mails and phone calls and completed the repairs and maintenance issues. Eleven weeks and counting and there's still no resolution.
By: mummy23
Feb 22, 2012
Hi I am having the same problem they have taken 2x too much rent off me which has left me with nothing to live on for a months I have incurred £340 in bank charges where I havent been able to pay for any of my bills. I have been dealing with the Redhill branch and get a different person each time and the way they speak to you is like you are a piece of dirt!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Choices Coulsdon! To leave a new review of Choices Coulsdon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Choices Coulsdon