Apr 06,2015
By: 'Woodstock'
Apr 06,2015
BJB Lettings has gone downhill over the past few years. The experience I had recently (as a landlord) was terrible. BJB lost dozens of emails containing correspondence about my let. One employee did admit that they'd been having problems with their computer system, but the others denied this and claimed that I'd never sent the correspondence.

In the space of three weeks, BJB passed my account to three different members of staff, but had obviously had no handover, because I had to provide the same information multiple times. BJB lost a set of my keys, but denied they'd ever had them and refused to pay for a replacement set (and could not account for where they'd gone).

BJB accidentally signed up my new tenant using a standard tenancy agreement, despite having previously agreed (in writing) that we'd be using my own contract. When we finally did get the contract signed, BJB retained my deposit without justification for a further three weeks.

One good point; my new tenant is great. Unfortunately, they were completely messed around by BJB too; they were sent across Stoke to collect the keys from another branch, unfortunately the keys had gone missing so my tenants were without keys to the house they'd just signed up for.

Totally dreadful. Never again.
Agreed letting fee was ignored; agent overcharged me despite a written pre negotiated fee.
Attached Files