Apr 06,2015
Denise
By: 'Ray'
Apr 06,2015
Leigh Lawler did the initial valuation on the property and seemed very positive that the property would sell very easily and quickly.

I was initially a little nervous about using a relatively unknown agent, compared to some of the bigger and more established agents. However, I think Lawler and Co. genuinely did take a real interest in selling the property for us and a fresh approach in marketing, which didn't just rely on putting it up on Zoopla/Rightmove and waiting for people to contact them.

Lawler and Co. handled all of the viewings themselves; a fact that I was particularly relieved about and within a few days of going to market we had 5 viewings booked and all arranged around a 3 hour period on a single day to minimise the inconvenience to us. (I have to say that initially the agent's feedback on these early viewings wasn't great - we had to chase them for any comments - but this did improve later on with emails and calls from the agent summarising their impressions and any immediate comments/feedback from the viewers.)

We accepted an offer on the sale of the property within a few weeks of going to market, which was impressive given the time of year. However, it did take a long time to then exchange contracts on the sale. What should have taken a couple of months took almost five months in the end, during which time we were under a lot of pressure from both agents in the chain to provide updates on progress; a task I naƒÂ¯vely assumed would be handled by our conveyancing solicitor.

Throughout this period I received numerous calls from Vicki and latterly Denise at the Hazel Grove office chasing for updates and passing on the concerns of our buyer. Despite the pressure she was under to chase things on behalf of the buyer and the obvious frustrations in the slow progress, Denise was always very professional and positive about the whole process and probably almost as overjoyed/relieved as we both were when the issues around the exchange of contract were finally resolved.

Overall the experience with Lawler and Co. was a good one, despite all of the problems we had with our conveyancing solicitor and, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending their services to others.
Thanks.
We took advantage of an introductory offer from Lawler and Co. as they were looking to increase their presence and open a new office in Hazel Grove around the time we went to market. That said, their original fee was still highly competitive compared to other agents.
By: L&Co
Apr 17, 2015
The team at Lawler & Co are pleased that you are happy with the service you received and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We wish you every happiness in your new home.

Lawler & Co