Apr 03,2015
Nikki
By: 'Keith'
Apr 03,2015
Where do I start.. First of all I cannot praise the service enough from Bradleys in Looe. Most of my dealing were with Nikki who's lovely, occasionally David (not as cute as Nikki) and actually most of the other staff members. Each time there was a need to communicate with the office (and there were many) I always got a prompt return call and all my queries (of which there were many) were answered accurately. As an estate agent Bradleys give you as good a service as you will get anywhere. Believe me I've brought four previous houses prior to this one with three different agents.

Now if you are thinking of buying a house in Cornwall and you are the sort of person who wants things done yesterday! let me tell you this:- The purchase of my property in Cornwall took 15 months!!! The house was not in a chain, the house was empty, relatively newly built, I was putting well over 100k down as a deposit, I sold another property quite quickly to part finance the purchase. Then everything went wrong 'Twice'. We had problems with planning permission on the property, basically some of it hadn't been signed off when it was built (missed by the initial solicitor, spotted by mine). This took weeks to sort out by which time my mortgage expired along with the fee for taking it out. Another couple of months to get reinstated, by which time the searches (and their fees) expired!!!!! There were lots of other smaller issues but I must stress that none of this was the fault of Bradleys and you could hear the pain in their voices when they had to relay the next bit of bad news. All I will say is that we stuck with it and now own a beautiful property with a great view. So bear this in mind when you give Bradleys a hard time because your house sale or purchase hasn't completed yet. If you haven't waited 15 months yet it's probably going well.
Fees are fees in some ways the quicker your sale completes the more you tend to resent them. If the process like mine drags on a bit they seem quite insignificant.

Branch - Looe, PL13