Apr 03,2015
By: 'conners89'
Apr 03,2015
Possibly the worst letting agents I have EVER come across.
I submitted my interest in and apartment and soon after was invited to a viewing. The apartment was a complete mess (not the agents fault, but the residing tenant who was moving out). Despite this I liked the apartment and told the agent I would like to apply - and promptly took the form and filled it in. The following day I received a call from the agent saying another viewing on the same property on the same day had gone ahead. The other potential tenant also seemed interested in applying. The agent had rung to inform me of this and stated that I should call in with my application and put down my application fee to stand in good stead of securing the property (very nice of them, I thought). I did just that and a few hours later called in with my application.
Two days layer they call me to say my application has been unsuccessful. When I ask why they say that 'another tenant' has expressed interest in the same property, paid the application fee, deposit and rent in advance. At no point was it mentioned to me that I could put down a holding fee to secure the property. When I queried this the agent said they had gone with the stronger application: But this was on a financial aspect. If I had known I could secure the property with a holding fee I would have done. But I was upstaged and the greedy agent just took the money without even asking if I would match the offer, as I was already under application.
What's more - they claim to have told me on the phone that they told me about the holding fee and that the conversation was recorded. when I asked for them to review the recording they changed their story saying SOME conversations are recorded.
Do not use this amateur company. Use a proper established agent who actually cares about potential tenants and securing new business. This lot just want money up front as an insentive (even if you don't know it!)

Rent-Smart.co.uk