Apr 02,2015
By: 'OLumley'
Apr 02,2015
Unfortunately they did not pay us the deposit paid to them by our tenants. We have been calling them since January, and they kept promising to pay the deposit into our account. Richard Sweet promised us that it would be paid into our account by the end of the day/ and then stopped answering the telephone. The tenants went down to the office today and appearantly it is closed down. We have already complained to the Ombudsman but they have not responded to the Ombudsman's letter either.
By: Spencer Fortag
Apr 28, 2015
I was very sorry to hear of peoples problems and losses with this company. Not only am I a local agent owner, I am also the regional representative for ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) and its companies like this that affect the reputation of legitimately run Letting Agencies. ARLA regulated agents HAVE to carry Clients Money Protection insurance, which protects against this very situation. I know that is little help now, but certainly something to consider when instructing your next agent.

I am happy to be contacted to provide any help or advice I can, although it seems for now that there is very little people can do to get their money back as the company had limited assets. I would suggest that people should contact the police as there may be a criminal case for the directors to answer and at the very least directors can be disqualified from being able to be directors ever again.

I can be contacted directly at spencer@docksidekent.com

Sweet Property Services