Apr 02,2015
By: 'A local andlord'
Apr 02,2015
I used F&S to let a property. The good parts first: they found a tenant quickly, willing to pay the asking price.

Now the rest:

They lie. Constantly. To landlord and tenants. It's not the odd little white lie here and there, it's constant. Do not trust ANYTHING they say unless you have seen other evidence for it. I got the impression they were so used to doing it that they didn't even realise when they did.

They ignore requests, ignore phone calls, don't keep promises. The agent I dealt with constantly talked over me, making it clear she wasn't listening, then did things I expressly asked her not to do - including lying to the tenant. I am a good landlord - I don't need to lie to my tenants - and it is frustrating to find the tenant has been lied to and I have to sort it out.

They overcharged me and didn't invoice me until I had requested it numerous times, so I couldn't work out where the problem had been. Since then I have emailed and called more than 10 times, and nearly four weeks have passed - no refund. Most emails were ignored and calls resulted in promises to act which they simply did not do.

They lost track of the keys I had given them and left it to me to sort out. They lost a key the previous time I used them too - despite them emphatically stating that their key tracking system meant that they absolutely could not have lost it. They later found the missing key. Not one word of an apology or admission that they had in fact messed up and denied it.

Much more I could say - but the basic point is they are terrible. Unprofessional.

Fox & Sons