Apr 01,2015
By: 'Reuben Aspinall'
Apr 01,2015
Following this review, I had to write my own from a bad experience with the Todmorden branch 2 years ago now. My wife and I were looking at renting a house in Lydgate and paid a fee to be credit checked and for admin fees and to draw up a tenancy agreement. The day before the move we had everything packed and ready to go, the agent sent a copy of the guarantor agreement to our agreed guarantor only to be told the agreement was proposing that if anything happened to our guarantor i.e.. death, any responsibility or debt would pass over automatically to his family. This should have been mentioned to either us or our guarantor earlier as this caused the guarantor to pull out. The agent would not help us and wouldn't even refund the fee's we'd already paid, due to this oversight we had to move into emergency accommodation with my wife who was heavily expectant at the time,.
The fee should have been refunded in this particular situation due to the oversight on the agents part that caused the collapse of our move the day before we were to move. It caused us a lot of stress and the agent wasn't in any way helpful.

Reeds Rains