Apr 01,2015
By: 'bexster32'
Apr 01,2015
I can't begin to describe how much I hate OM property management....

As a firm they should be utterly embarrassed by the appalling way in which they treat their customers. I've raised formal complaints, phoned every day for a week, shouted, cried, emailed, written letters and yet they fail to treat me like a human being.

They make the lives of everyone in our block miserable and yet charge an astronomical amount in management fees. Stay away from this company at all costs
By: Cassiej
Apr 09, 2015
I have had OM service my property for 7 years and they have made my life hell. I am still waiting for a credit from Nov 2011, they advised me in January 2014 that they were in error and would, took me over 2 years to get that far, and many e-mails later and another agreement that they would pay it I am still waiting. Out Estate Manager is the most obnoxious, rude, arrogant man I have met who refuses to return calls.
I cannot sell my property as the fee's are £150.00 per month, this is on flats worth £90k, stupid amount, they do not do the amount of work to cover that charge, I hate them :-(
By: VTgoneforgood
Apr 08, 2015
Hi. You may not be able to change OM (now FirstPort) easily, or cheaply, so I recommend you get at least three active leaseholders and form a professionally competent Residents Group. We did that and it worked well. They will take more notice if you demonstrate quality and solidarity and never give up with formal emails requiring a reply. With my colleagues, in the last three or four years, since Mr Vincent Tchenguiz left the helm (March 2012), when Peverel went into Administration, much has been achieved with our own site finances and service levels. We have almost half the level of past Service Charges now and a planned Reserve Fund growth, a £ four figure rebate per leasholder property last year and an excellent working relationship with the Property Manager. It was not easy but it did get easier over time so it certainly was worth doing it and now we even do the annual budgets. So do get organised and work with OM/FirstPort because doing that does genuinely deliver results over time. We are in Milton Keynes so if its useful to meet up I'm happy to do so.

OM Property Management