Apr 01,2015
By: 'freddie_b'
Apr 01,2015
No amount of negative adjectives could truly describe my experience with this agent. Where to start? I enquired about viewing three properties in person and was initially impressed that they could arrange a viewing on two of the three properties the next day. I was told they would be able to arrange a viewing on the third one in due course as their was currently a tenant in there. That is where the good service stopped I'm afraid.
I wasn't able to view the two I'd booked for as they had the wrong keys! Hardly ideal but everyone makes mistakes so I wasn't critical at this stage. I'd found out from the viewing chap that the third property I was interested in didn't actually have a tenant in (apparently the landlord is an old chap who lives nearby) so therefore contacted them immediately to arrange a viewing. They acknowledged receipt of my email and said they would arrange a viewing and let me know. I offered several available times and dates and heard absolutely nothing back. Considering the cock up with the keys I'm astounded at this shocking level of service on another property.
To top it off, the property I've desperately been trying to view (the third one) has just been reduced on Rightmove at the time of writing. Presumably the Landlord was recommended to reduce the price due to a lack of interest. I feel so sorry for the landlord, especially with him being an older chap on his own. Morally, I feel this is absolutely disgusting.
I'm now trying very hard to investigate where the landlord lives, explain the situation to him and see if he will be able to show me round and hopefully take the property on from there.
Responded to me.
Attached Files
By: HARROGATEBRANCH
Apr 02, 2015
Dear Customer
Thank you for your feedback. I am really disappointed by your review and wish to assure you that I am presently investigating this matter with my team with a view to finding out how this has happened with regard to your viewing experience. Please accept my profuse apologies for the poor level of service you have encountered on this occasion. It is certainly not our standard level of service! If you would like to contact me directly I will give your property search my personal attention and endeavor to secure you a viewing on that property you mention in your e-mail. Kind regards, Tara Cuddy, Branch Manager, Harrogate Office
By: ed
Apr 01, 2015
NEVER use linley and simpson. THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE. The York branch is particulary poor. You have been warned.

Linley & Simpson