Mar 31,2015
By: 'Elaine Clarke'
Mar 31,2015
Left the back door unlocked at end of open house and I discovered this when returning home several hours later.
Quickly achieved an asking price offer however, the agents either did not properly vet the prospective purchaser or were economical with the facts about her position which ultimately delayed completion of the sale.
Once the offer had been accepted, I found I was having to chase the agents constantly for updates and the information that was reported to me was inconsistent. Given the fee that is charged for selling the property I would have expected the agents to take this part of the process more seriously and be pro-active in managing the sale through to completion.
The marketing and process up to acceptance of offer was good, although I have concerns about the level of prospective purchaser vetting that was undertaken. Fees were expensive in relation to the service received, particularly when compared with the fee that the solicitor receives for undertaking the conveyancing. Fortunately I was able to rely on my solicitor for support. If I had known how much legwork I would need to do myself post offer, I would have considered selling privately
Attached Files