Mar 30,2015
By: 'Mrs R'
Mar 30,2015
I desperately tried to give Wentworth the benefit of the doubt as I really wanted to view two properties that they had listed (they were the ideal spec for the property I want to buy).

I have however, completely lost my patience , and here's why: It took three attempts (on different days) to even get someone to answer the phone. When they did, I was promised a call back three times, but no one ever called.

On the fourth attempt, I spoke to Waqas who apologised profusely and assured me he would personally take care of things. He was initially very helpful but he had no luck arranging the viewing as he told me the tenants were difficult to get hold of.

He finally arranged a viewing only for it to get cancelled at the last minute. When I called to rearrange, I was told by another member of the team (who, it was clear to see, had never received any customer service training) that the property had been put on hold by the vendor days ago.

I was really frustrated as I'd wasted days trying to arrange a viewing for a flat that was on hold. I asked to speak to the manager, and the guy on the phone continuously questioned me, interrupted me and gave me bags of attitude.

Really reluctantly, he promised me a call from Rubina the manager but (you guessed it) she never called me. I also emailed Waqas asking him to call me back, but I've never heard from him since.

In conclusion: my warning to buyers is that Wentworth will give you a terrible experience, not deliver on their promises, and are happy being rude to their customers. My warning to sellers is that Wentworth make it hard for prospective buyers to view properties, plus make the experience excruciating, so you are better off going with another agent.

Wentworth Estates