Mar 27,2015
By: 'skaterchic'
Mar 27,2015
Overall the service received from Red Estate Agents was good.

I was able to communicate effectively via email which was important to me not being able to take calls during the day due to work. This made the whole application process far less stressful and completely hassle free which is what everyone wants when trying to move home.

Gareth who showed me around the property was lovely, informative and very personable. I viewed the property three times for various reasons and they always accommodated me at the times that were convenient for me also which was fantastic.

The communication turnaround times from the agent again was fantastic. Emails were always answered within 48 hours. I did however find the referencing process a little laborious and I had to chase the agent to chase the referencing agent after over a week, rather than me being information voluntarily within the 48 hours indicated which was frustrating.

The fees charged were excessive compared to other agents in the area that I have used over the years and the information that was provided to me with regards to the fees prior starting the process were not clear and were not very easily understandable which I feel is misleading and you have to gain clarification.

On collection of the keys I was initially given the wrong set of keys and had to make the journey myself to collect the correct keys. With being 6 months pregnant with SPD this is no easy task. Especially as the area where the office is based has very limited parking available which leaves you with long walking distances from your car to the office which was a task for me.

Dealing with the one person throughout the whole process was also a huge bonus however I did find it strange that the MD was the person doing everything within the branch and that there were never any other staff available in the office.

Overall as I say the service was good, communication great and I've moved into my new home which was the result that I wanted. Would I use them again? Unfortunately, when looking for a new property you don't get to choose the agent that you would like to deal with as it depends on the property however in searching for this property I did certainly avoid a previous agent that I had dealt with in the past. If looking for a new property again, I would deal with this agent again.
In comparison to the fees that I have paid in the past with other properties that I have let. Red's fees are excessive and not very clear until you gain clarification.

Red Homes Estate Agents