Mar 26,2015
By: 'MK18B'
Mar 26,2015
I've never seen swindlers so shoddily disguised as estate agents in all the years I've been renting. The only thing missing from these guys is a pencil moustache and a cat to stroke while speaking to tenants.

Get ready for the fight of your life if you want your deposit back. They will contest everything from scratches that require Hubble to actually spot to marks on your oven hob because you dared use it! Spot on a curtain? £50. Microscopic scratch on a radiator? £50. Dirt on the window? £50. Speck of dust on the floor? Boom! £50. I tried hunting for the pixels that showed the marks in the photos they sent as evidence but most of the time it turned out to be dirt on my actual computer screen that I was seeing!

Please read the online reviews about these guys before you consider renting from them. I wish I had. We're not the only ones with a similar experience.
By: ManDir
Mar 30, 2015
We have a diligent complaints process and would be more than happy for you to address this with us directly to allow us to resolve your issue.

Disputes at the end of tenancy are an emotive subject but remember the deposit is your money. Your landlord should protect your deposit in one of the government backed schemes within 30 days of receiving it. Faulkner use THE DISPUTE SERVICE (TDS)

The TDS ensure that your deposit is kept safe and you get back what you are entitled to at the end of your tenancy. They have an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) service. This is free and aims to resolve any disputes between you and your landlord without going to court.

Both you and your landlord must agree to use ADR and you have to accept any decision made as part of the process.

At the end of your tenancy your landlord must return your deposit within 10 days of you both agreeing how much you'll get back.

If you're in a dispute with your landlord, then your deposit will be protected in the TDP scheme until the issue is sorted out.

At Faulkner we comply with all elements of Tenancy Dispute resolution and in the case of a dispute which cannot be resolved with tenants the matter is passed to the TDS for resolution.

In this case I believe the matter was adjudicated by TDS and found in favour of the landlord in many areas with a large proportion of the deposit sent to them in compensation.

Faulkner Property Rentals