Oct 08,2011
Oct 08,2011
We went to view a property and we explained our situation to the agent who was with us. It was 4 of us looking to move in however only 2 of us were full time employed at the time as other couple was not in the UK yet. We told him that they will be coming to London in a week and a half and that by the time we move into the property we all be full time employed as one of them had a job secured already and he would be given the contract straight away after his arrival to London. I've explained that the other agencies told us we'd need 3 months bank statements and that we obviously will not be able to provide those, but he said that it was not going to be a problem.
We have also asked when exactly we'll need to pay the rent and if it is only a few days before the moving date and he said yes. I double checked if we pay only fees and 6 weeks deposit now and the rent definitely few days before we move in and he said yes. So we went straight to the office and paid a holding deposit. We were not given any receipt but he assured us that it is ok and he gave us "his" mobile number saying that we can contact him directly if we have any problem (i will get back to this later).
Within a couple of days he sent us a contract which was saying that we have to pay all those money within a week! I contacted him straight away and he said that it is ok to pay deposit now and rent in 2-3 weeks but it wasn't the same thing he told us on a viewing. I emailed him back and reminded him what he told us before and that we could pay the rent no sooner than in 3 and a half weeks (as agreed) and asked him if that is ok. He did not reply.
Next day we were contacted by the referencing company but they told us completely new information wich was that we need a guarantor (UK based earning more that 43 500 annualy) and if we do not have anyone we would need to pay 3 months rent in advance. Never mentioned before! So we basicaly failed the references.
So I emailed him again reminding him again that he did not inform us about this and that he told us something totaly different on the day of viewing but he did not reply again! So we called him on the number he gave us as "his number" but with a surprise, it was NOT HIS number but his mothers! How embarrassing! So his mum told us she would call him and give him our number but he never called back! So we called to the office few times where he finaly answered. We asked him about our holding deposit as this is not that we are pulling of just like that, but we were misleaded, he did not tell us the truth and did not inform us about the most important things! He said that they will not give it to us back because "WE lied to him" - basicaly he started completely making things up saying such things as that we told him we were all full time employed (absolutely impossible as they were not here yet) and so on.. Basicaly he started lieing about what we have said.So I've asked him for his managers number and he gave me the number to the "Head Office". If you'd like to guess, that wasn't a Head Office number but number to the referencing agency where they told me they have nothing to do with this. So I called him back and he said to me that I called a wrong number so he gave me a number again and repeted twice. And guess what?! No head office!!! Referencing agency again and I felt very embarrasses in front of them and angry as well so the lady said she will call him! But guess what?! He never got back to me! Not even after I called him back again in half an hour and lef message for him with his colegue!!!
Ou, and never ask for Alex!!! NEVER!!!!
Alex He misleaded us, didn't inform us about the most important things, wasn't getting back to us, gave us his mothers number instead of his and told us to contact him on that number and when we needed him his mother answered.And when we asked him for his managers number he gave us "Head Office" number which was wrong as well. When I called him back and told him that he gave me wrong number he told me that that was mine mistake and and that I called wrong number so I asked him again, he gave me the number, repeated twice, i repeated it again but it was just the referencing company again!! He never got back to me after even though I called him again and left a message for him.
By: Brinkleys
Oct 16, 2011
This is a completely false account of the situation, the fact of the situation is the applicant lied about there financial situation which led to them being rejected by our referencing agency. We will not place tenants in our landlords properties who have no source of income and cannot afford the rent.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Hill! To leave a new review of Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Hill, please click the link below !
Write a review for Brinkley's Estate Agents Wimbledon Hill