Mar 23,2015
By: 'Tim'
Mar 23,2015
If all you want is a piece of paper up in malocos shop window and a half hearted posting on their web site then this is the estate agent for you.

I was unaware of this when my partner and I put our flat up for sale through maloco. We stated our requirements from the beginning and was promised they would be met because they are proactive and better than other dunfermline agents.

Unfortunately once we'd parted with our money, interest in the housing market dropped and we were left in the dark and were not told how they were being proactive and contacting potential buyers, even if there were none! We had to repetitively contact them to find out, unfortunately, our arranger assigned to us only works monday to wednesday. Something we were not warned about beforehand.

We challenged them 4 times and on each occasion the complaint was referred to Michael Maloco and he was not interested in resolving our concerns and issues. He just argued with us and didn't listen. We did not find him very approachable at all!

I have used maloco on 4 occasions in the past 10 years and have been very happy until now. I now realise they are out of touch and can see why they haven't won any awards in recent years. They are out of touch. For example, Michael Maloco suggested that we pay more money to advertise in the Dunfermline Press. Who looks in the paper for houses these days?

They also didn't listen to us about our schedule and put the draft on the espc website during the 2 week limelight period!

Be aware that the services advertised on their web site are being mis-sold!
You do not get what you pay for.
Attached Files
You do not get what you pay for.

Maloco + Associates