Oct 07,2011
Oct 07,2011
A true story...!

My flat from Croydon Townends has huge windows and no netcurtain/curtain/blinds. I can't change the fittings etc. so I used mark-free scotch tape and newspapers for privacy & sleep (until they install blinds ¢â‚¬â€œ I've been waiting 7 weeks).

Simon Butt from property management told me (in writing) to remove them today (due to breach of contract for ¢â‚¬Ëœaltering the window') and threatened to send someone into my flat (with their management keys) to remove them (at my cost)!! I thought this can't be right ...

I notified his manager Luticha McNeal (head of property management at Townends) who also told me to remove them (in writing for other reasons). Also, she wrote I could instead ask permission for me to put curtains up (for 2 weeks until they install blinds) - is drilling curtain rails into the wall is less destructive & temporary than mark-free tape and newspaper?

To top it off, they appear to have violated the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991 by falsely advertising a concierge - who of course is not present. Need i say more ..
Leave the window coverings until they install blinds. Please note I have not critised anyone, it is a factual report based on written evidence.
By: bar room lawyer
Jan 10, 2012
Lettings is not covered by the Property Misdescriptions Act

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Croydon! To leave a new review of Townends Croydon, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Croydon