Mar 20,2015
By: 'Ms Harland'
Mar 20,2015
The agent was straightforward and had a no nonsense approach and attitude, for example, when my initial offer was rejected by the vendor he suggested that I put in another offer representing my best one, to avoid the to-ing and fro-ing which can occur during the process. I liked this approach because it felt more open than that employed by some agents. He was sensitive to my fear of dogs and quickly scooped up the (microscopic) resident dog when we had our first viewing. Seems like a small thing, but meant a lot to me.
He was courteous at all times, and kept me well and promptly informed of any developments during the purchase process. He was always available by telephone and returned my calls very quickly.
On the day of completion when the keys didn't work (I had to get a locksmith to gain entry the following day) the agent came immediately to the property to try the lock himself and then called the vendor to see if she could operate the key (she couldn't!). I felt that this was over and beyond the call of duty and was very grateful to him.

Ellisons Estate Agents