Oct 06,2011
Oct 06,2011
Moving On is categorically the worst agency I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From the very beginning of the renting process they were rude, disrespectful and completely shady -- they insisted we didn't need to do an inventory, even though law dictates that's required, and although we took photographs of the [MANY] things that were wrong with the flat they will surely claim those problems were our fault. I have been counting the days till I can move out.

The situation has been made even worse by having possibly the most incompetent landlord that walks this earth; and when he is out of the country (which he often is), I have to deal with the agency. My ceiling leaked from the instant I moved in; it took days of hassling Moving On to get things taken care of. (11 months later, the ceiling has started leaking again.) Our garden door has never closed properly; our landlord entered out flat without telling us and stuck a bit of junk on there as a cheap fix (it still doesn't close). Our dishwasher had never worked, but when we found out it was leaking and asked our landlord to replace it, he replied that we didn't need a dishwasher and simply removed it. We had mice in the flat because it's on the ground floor and is shoddily built ex-council housing (they had visited the previous tenants as well); our landlord accused us of being dirty tenants and said 'put your dishes away, then the mice will go away'. It took days of repeated phone calls to finally have him agree to pay for an exterminator. As you can see, the list goes on and on.

Moral of the story: if there's an Inslington/Hoxton estate agency you DON'T deal with, it's Moving On. And avoid the landlords they associate themselves with. They are inevitably bad news.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Moving On Property Services Office 1! To leave a new review of Moving On Property Services Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Moving On Property Services Office 1