Mar 18,2015
By: 'GuildfordTenant'
Mar 18,2015
When first shown the house, we walked through with Craig and as we were shown the house we clearly asked if it would be professionally cleaned, to which he said yes. We also asked in the washing machine upstairs was a washer/dryer, to which he said yes.
We then moved in on Saturday 14th, and were told by the check in person that the house had only been domestically cleaned and the carpets shampooed and not cleaned professionally. Which is the complete opposite of what we were told by Craig when viewing the house. Considering the former tenant had a dog, and the house quite CLEARLY smelt of wet dog, it is incredible that it was not professionally cleaned. I am allergic to dogs, and have been experiencing several symptoms after only spending 36 hours at the house.
Furthermore, the washing machine we later discovered was NOT a washer/dryer, which again was not what we were told originally.
When viewing the house we noticed mold on the En Suite bathroom's ceiling, which we asked to get cleaned and painted over. It was not been cleaned, it was clearly just painted over and the mould is now growing again, and we've been in the property 3 days!
To continue, the garden is absolutely littered with dog feaces and the grass is 100% stained. We told Candice, who I know is not a Guildford agent, and she told us 'why can't you pick it up yourselves'? Is this an appropriate remark considering the overall situation I've outlined? Absolutely not. In the garden, the stone slabs out on the patio are all scratched and horrendously marked, again by the previous tenants dog and as if that was not bad enough there is dog hair down the kitchen sink, and we have continued to find it everywhere.
I'm sure you can more than understand how ridiculously unacceptable this WHOLE situation is, both the Townends employees and the overall state of the house. Considering we paid a substantial amount of money, this is NOT a situation ANY tenant should have to endure when moving into a new home.
We NEED all these issues resolved, and have asked for several call backs from Craig regarding the cleaning, the washing machine and Candice with the garden, and have heard nothing back but clearly just being ignored. I understand we are young professionals, but at the moment it feels that because we may be considered 'young', we are some sort of disadvantage and not treated as professional working adults. I am beyond horrified, and disgusted at this whole matter, and it is a crying shame as our past experience with Townends was fine when living at our old house which was a Townends let property.
By: Chris
Mar 18, 2015
Thank you for your feedback, all of which is extremely valuable. I understand you have now had communication with our Regional Director and any outstanding issues are in the process of being resolved.

Townends