Mar 18,2015
By: 'STEVE WILSON'
Mar 18,2015
Hi there I have had two properties let through HM in Northampton; property A & B.
Property A- we bought through HM with sitting tenants, they had two very active dogs. When the refit between tenants started the house stunk of dog, there was dirt and filth everywhere. However, the inspection reports said the house was clean, tidy and well looked after. Some of the reports were verbatim copies off the computer. I must add I got back my deposit in full but HM had not done the job they were paid to do. That property is no longer with HM.
Property B- we put with HM in late 2012. When we started the refit late 2014 between tenants we found we had cockroaches and loads of scuff marks over the wall. The inspection reports included some more verbatim copies of how clean & tidy it was. I must add that HM no longer does its own inventory or inspection checks-(I hope). I did get back a major portion of the deposit, however, they then overpaid me the same again. They emailed me about it before I had even seen it on the bank statement. Of course I returned it. The can get emails to me when they want.

We now have new tenants, however, they did not email me a rental statement, I called their H.O. now in Nottingham having been taken over by Notts Building Society. After about 5 calls I am told they charge ‚£30 for a copy rental statement. I am still waiting for the first one. The girl I was talking to was arrogant and naƒÆ’¯ve. Arrogant because she said I must have received it because the system did it automatically it was not open to discussion. And naƒÆ’¯ve because she had this total faith in the system-like systems never go wrong-haha.

I must add I did not charge them for my time when I returned the overpayment.

Historically HM have not been brilliant for me but now they have been bought out another body they seem to have some sort of corporate cognitive impairment. Would I recommend them?? NO!!
I don\'t know whether some of the issues are due the move to Notts Building Society or not and they need to sort out the teething problems. But even before that there were many shortcomings. I think overall there needs to be more coordination between branches and head office.
Attached Files
I have only had a verbal breakdown of the fees-having not received the written copy. I am undecided.

Harrison Murray