Mar 18,2015
By: 'Jules'
Mar 18,2015
Several major problems with the property I rent with 2 others have taken months to resolve. My impression is that it's either an unwillingness to want to assist us, or incompetence; either way their inaction warrants compensation and is causing damage to the property.

One instance involved losing the use of an en suite shower in the master bedroom for 3 months (one contractor performing a quote rendered it unusable removing several large tiles checking for water damage) while the agency ostensibly worked with the landlord to get the work fixed (who they claimed was hard to get hold of, although managed to do it every time I called them and asked them about progress). The entire works in that case took over 6 months from the first action by the tenants to being complete. Works caused by years of them ignoring our pointing out signs of severe water damage, yet it wasn't until a plumber came to stop running taps that they finally said something to the right person to spur on an actual inspection (a warning to landlords here, too).
The people at Tucker Gardner I've dealt with regarding our property appear to only do things when continually prompted, and in one case required me to call every second day for 2 weeks before something was fixed. We now, however, are in the situation where we have lost the privacy of our back yard due to a storm 3 months ago, and despite almost weekly calls about it - apparently that's not frequent enough to rate more attention from them. Will it be another 6 months before these people manage to arrange a contractor to come and fix it, in the meanwhile the half-detached fence may cause even more damage flapping about in the storms?

Other serious and recurring problems we are informing them about at every opportunity (such as inspections, I finally _lead_ the person from the agency to the site of a continually overflowing drain causing water damage in the cupboards in the kitchen and yet nothing has been done) are routinely ignored.

After being nice for too long I feel only a formal complaint to the ombudsman about their service in our particular case is the only way to either make them change their game.

I can't recommend Tucker Gardner to anyone; tenant or landlord.
By: TuckerGardner
Mar 23, 2015
TuckerGardner have spoken with this tenant and explained our position. Unfortunately, we act as custodians of the landlords money and are unable to make any decisions regarding expenditure without his authority. Although the tenant understands our dilemma, we do agree that this is of no help to the tenant and we are continuing to do our very best to get all outstanding issues resolved.

Tucker Gardner