Mar 17,2015
By: 'Willers'
Mar 17,2015
I am looking for a property in the E4 area, and noticed one that had just been advertised by Churchills. I arranged a viewing. The property was marketed at OIEO £400,000. We placed an offer, being optimistic of £405,000. We had to chase the agent to find out what was happening with the offer, to subsequently be told that it had been refused, as the property had only just hit the market, and we had viewed on the first day. I spoke to the agent, and asked what they felt was the price he vendor wanted, as the house ticked most of the boxes for us. The agent advised if we offered £415,000 that the vendor would accept this, as it was the figure they were looking for. We arranged another viewing, and offered what was the price advised. Then the communication stopped. No contact, no response to emails. I understand that you never get what you want, but a professional agent would have called back and said sorry, you were unsuccessful. The property was still being marketed, as a friend called. I had assumed that if you place an offer that common courtesy would be to advise you of your success, or not as the case may be. Suffice to say, I shall not be using Churchills any further.

Churchill Estates